BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 8, 2009

We had some occupational therapy today and it was nice talking with Melanie. Kaytlin had decided to eat some sand today out of her sandbox. Can you say yuck! Anywho we talked a bit about that and the fact that Kayt's eval is coming up on July 1st.
Kayt played a lot out on the swing set today and had a blast. Then tonight she was supposed to go with Becky to her house since we are all going to the zoo in the morning, and she threw a fit! She has always loved going to her Becky's house, this was the very first time ever that she wouldn't go. Well then I put her in bed about 20 minutes later and she went to sleep. Then about 1 1/2 hours later she woke up completely freaked out. No build up, nothing, just full on screaming freaked out. I ran in her room and she was covered in sweat and crying her eyes out. I picked her up and came and sat in the living room and didn't realize she was falling asleep on me. I went in the kitchen and layed her in my arms and she fell back asleep but held tight to me. She kept fighting sleep just to stay in my arms. I finally got her back in bed and she fussed for a couple minutes but her tiredness won and she in now asleep again. I felt sooo horrible for her tonight. My poor baby girl, I just wish I knew what the reason behind this was whether it was night terrors, nightmares, or confusion from her disability.

1 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Shell! It's been a while since I've read your blog, it sounds like Kayt is making some progress! Thank you for still thinking of Garrett, even with all you have going on. I think you are on to something, with the therapy overwhelming her. It makes a lot of sense! You really are doing such a good job. Take care of yourself, too, and congrats on your new job!