BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yesterday Kayt had a few confusion episodes. After speaking with her speech therapist today we went and spoke with Kaytlin's pediatrician to find out about possible seizures. They are going to schedule an EEG and that way we can see if that is what is going on.

The episodes: Yesterday morning she was sitting at the table with me and asked for some juice, I answered saying Please, and she just stared at me blankly. Usually she will say please if we prompt her to. I did that 2x and still nothing so I said okay we can try it later, I didn't want her to get too upset about it. I went to hand her the juice and she forcefully pushed it away and then broke down crying.

The second episode occurred while her developmental therapist was here. We were in the middle of play therapy on the ground and Kaytlin just got very confused in the middle of play. She started looking around and called me Patia (the girl I babysit) and then called her therapist mommy and then started pointing at her room saying Patia. Then like nothing she snapped out of it and went back to being where we were and doing her therapy. During this session she also forgot what a cow was. She called a dog a cow and could not point out the cow in the book.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How scary. Michael had an EEG back in December and it wasn't too bad. The worst part was when they had to place the electrodes and we had to hold him down. The girl was great, though, she specialized in kids. My tips are to bring her very very favorite things - for Mikey that was holding off on a big cup of milk in his favorite cup until the test started. He just wanted to drink his milk and snuggle me the entire time. I think a familiar book would have also been comforting.