BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 20, 2009

What a nice day today :)

    Kayt has had a great day today! It was much needed for both of us lol. She woke up in a great mood, hasn't had any breakdowns, has understood her usual, and listened very well. I am glad she is having a good day because I had to take her in for her lead testing.

Now when I say she is comprehending things, I don't mean everything, I mean her usual. For an example, go sit in your chair, share your drink with bubby, bubby needs a drink. Simple things like that. Today a lady asked Kaytlin if she liked her brother, or something to that extent and Kaytlin just looked at her lol. I had to explain that she doesn't understand most questions. I can't wait till I can ask her how old she is and she will tell me, or what her name is and she tells me. If you ask her that now she simply repeats the last word lol.

I love my little girl to pieces and am very thankful for her, she teaches me to enjoy the smaller things in life a lot more than I already do. You just never know what you are going to be handed. She also teaches those around her to not judge a book by its cover. On the outside she appears completely normal and so people assume that she is, I mean why wouldn't you. On good days it is very hard to tell she is behind. On bad days, it looks more like an undisciplined child than anything. I know that I don't look at kids acting out as undisciplined anymore, you never know if it is from a mental illness or from lack of discipline so make sure not to pre-judge.

0 comments: